Monday, January 18, 2010

To Market


For those of you who know me well, great food is always on my mind. So of course, I had to brave the snow and ice to go to market! Bob the Produce Man kept doubling my quantities - it was the end of the day and he didn't want to take home so much. Don't know exactly how, but I ended up with what seemed like a truckload of fresh spinach. I cooked it for days!

Surprising though it may be looking at this wintry picture, Nick and I walked home from here with crates of raspberries and strawberries, succulent dates, fresh bundles of thyme and oregano, juicy oranges, absolutely beautiful red and yellow peppers, English cucumbers and kiwi.

And we've discovered that the three-foot refrigerator in the kitchen can't possibly hold all of that great produce, but our entry hall that hovers around 40 degrees makes perfect overflow cold storage space!

No comments:

Post a Comment